Certificate of Advanced Studies in Women's and Gender Studies (C.A.S.)
The Certificate of Advanced Studies in Women's and Gender Studies is an interdisciplinary program that offers the opportunity for study and research with faculty from a wide range of schools and departments. Certificates of Advanced Studies are awarded to matriculated master’s degree or doctoral students who have completed a minimum of 12 credits of graduate courses in Women's and Gender Studies. The 12 credits of coursework must come from two or more departments or schools. Three credits must be taken in feminist theory. Three credits must also be taken in a core WGS course. Students in certain programs may be required to take more than 12 credits of coursework as specified by departmental requirements.
Admission for graduate certification in Women's and Gender Studies involves (a) completion of the Graduate Enrollment Internal Admission Application (student must be a matriculated masters or doctoral student at Syracuse University); (b) conference with a Women's and Gender Studies Department advisor ; (c) completion of the Program of Study for Certificate of Advanced Study in Women's & Gender Studies and (d) approval of each student's program by the Chair of Women's and Gender Studies. For more information contact Alice Loomis at email@example.com.
- Matriculated master's or doctoral student at Syracuse University
- Completion of "Graduate Enrollment Internal Admission Application" form (This must be done at least one semester before recieving degree)
- Conference with WGS advisor
- Completion of twelve (12) credits of graduate courses of Women's & Gender Studies (or crosslisted), including: three (3) credits of approved feminist theory course; and a minimum of three (3) credits of a core WGS course
- "Program of Study" approved by WGS Chair
Certificates of Recognition
These are awarded to master's degree and doctoral students who have produced a thesis or dissertation in feminist studies. To apply for certification the candidate must submit a petition listing the title and abstract of the thesis or dissertation, the defense date, and the advisor.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, http://syr.edu/financialaid/gainful-employment/Womens-Gender-Studies/Gedt.html.